If any of you love stationary involving owls, wood grain, birds, or other cute graphic design images of animals as much as I do, check out this awesome online store Rock Scissor Paper for awesome cards, journals, tote bags, coasters, and other handmade goodies! Some of the cutest stuff I've seen in quite a while...
Speaking of owls, I found this great pot holder at Target recently. It makes me inspired to be baking even more so than usual!
From Every Day With Rachael Ray October 2008
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
2 cloves garlic
1 sprig rosemary
1 small red onion, chopped
One 15-ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 eggplants, cut into 8 slices each
Salt and pepper
1 cup packed baby arugula
1/2 cup basil leaves, torn
Juice of 1/2 lemon
4 sesame-crusted sub rolls
One 1/2- to 1-pound ball smoked mozzarella, sliced into 8 rounds
1. Preheat a grill pan to medium-high or a broiler to high. In a small saucepan, heat the EVOO over medium heat. Add the garlic and rosemary and let steep for 3 minutes.
2. In a large skillet, combine 1 tablespoon of the infused EVOO and the red onion over medium heat and cook until softened, 6 to 7 minutes. Add the tomatoes, brown sugar and vinegar, lower the heat and cook until thickened, 7 minutes.
3. Brush half the eggplant with the infused EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Grill or broil, flipping once, until tender, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Repeat with the remaining eggplant.
4. Dress the arugula and basil with the lemon juice and remaining infused EVOO; season with salt and pepper.
5. On each roll bottom, layer 4 eggplant slices, a handful of greens and 2 smoked mozzarella rounds. Grill or broil to melt the cheese. Slather the roll tops with the tomato jam and set in place.